–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Friday 9 July 2010

Juicy Pickings


I just had to share a picture of my lovely strawberries with you. I put in some plants last year and only got a small bowl full, but after they had finished fruiting, lots of runners shot out and found their places in the soil. As there was plenty of space for them to spread, I let them grow where they pleased, and with amazing results.


I was surprised that I got so much fruit from them this year, as I have to admit that I neglected them. They had no protection in winter and had to survive on only natural rainfall for moisture, during the spring.
Maybe "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" can be a applied to strawberries too.

1 comments:

Weight Loss Tips said...

I have had the same results with strawberries. The first and second year I babied them and didn't really do very well. Then kind of gave up on them during the second year. Third year was wow, look at all the strawberries, now this is our fourth year and I am sharing with neighbors there is so many. And they are big and healthy, same as you, they get what they need from mother nature and that is it. Good for us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails