–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Thursday 14 October 2010

This is My Chocolate: Chocri



Have you ever dreamed of creating your very own chocolate bar? One that has your favourite toppings and flavour combinations, or maybe you'd just like to experiment? I know I certainly have. I'm often thinking up intriguing mixtures of tastes, but I've yet to find something ready made.

Very recently, I was approached by Chocri to try out their unique concept in chocolate, which is a brand new innovation for us here in the UK. Originally founded in Germany in 2008, co-owners Franz and Michael followed their passion for good chocolate to start a company offering a bespoke chocolate bar making service.

The beauty of the process, is that you, the customer have the opportunity to design your very own chocolate bar online. Starting from a choice of plain, milk or white premium Belgian chocolate (which is organic and fair trade) you can choose from over 100 different toppings in any combination and then name your confection.
I was able to design two bars, and at first found the choice mind boggling, but the only difficult thing about using the website is making a decision. Orders are for a minimum of two bars and can have up to six toppings each. It would be easy to go over the top but I managed to exercise some restraint and put together two very different chocolate bars; Cheeky Spouse Craver and Cheeky Spouse Indulgence.

Cheeky Spouse Craver
This is for when you have one of those moments when you want chocolate to comfort the child inside. It is sweet and satisfying.
I opted for the half and half chocolate bar, milk chocolate on one side and white on the other. This was dotted with roasted almonds, caramel chocolate drops, raisins and peanut butter drops.

Cheeky Spouse Indulgence
For my take on something a bit more grown-up, dark chocolate was a must. I chose more elegant toppings; Bourbon vanilla, pistachios, candied rose petals and for an elegant flourish, real gold flakes.

From the moment I placed my order I was kept informed by email as to when my chocolate bars went into production which was all very exciting – I couldn't wait to find out what my chocolate looked like.
The toppings are placed with care so there is an even coverage and the chocolate is smooth with a real depth of flavour. They look very attractive in their personalised packaging.

With Christmas on its way I think Chocri would make a great present for the chocolate lover you know. If you're not sure what toppings they would like, then there are gift vouchers available.

For more information and to buy online visit the website: chocri.co.uk

As part of the National Chocolate Week celebrations, Chocri will be taking part at the Chocolate Unwrapped event in London 
16–17 October 2010. 
Why not go along to see what they're all about? 
chocolate-week.co.uk/chocolate-unwrapped

Photos: ©childsdesign 2010

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails