–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Sunday 23 January 2011

Shake Up Your Wake Up!


For a long time I was one of those people that missed the value of breakfast. Despite well-meaning family members and friends telling me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, I dismissed their advice and failed to entertain any notion of feeding myself as soon as I woke up.

When you think about it, it has probably been at least eight hours since you last ate, as soon as your alarm clock goes off. That's quite a long time to go without food, after all if this amount had passed during the day with an empty stomach, most of us would be famished and flopping about.



Shake Up Your Wake Up is the new name for Farmhouse Breakfast Week and starts today. Now in its twelfth year, the awareness event is endeavouring to change our thinking and get us all into the habit of eating a good breakfast.

Since leaving my 9 to 5 job and setting up my own business with my husband I have found I now need breakfast. There are now no excuses of lack of time or not being able to face anything so early in the morning. Gone are the days of grabbing an unsatisfying and disappointing cereal bar and munching it on the lurching train to the office.
For me, the day cannot and will not begin until I've had least a couple of slices of toast with peanut butter. I need food to function, to kick start those brain cells and give me the energy to think, let alone move about.

There's so many things besides boring cereal or dry toast and the campaign website has lots of lovely recipe ideas for exciting daybreak treats. In fact if you consider breakfast a treat rather than just a necessity then you're more likely to have it!

www.shakeupyourwakeup.com
Photos from website and supplied by Breakfast Week

2 comments:

missie cindz said...

A lovely brekkie post. I'm taking part in the challenge too - am cooking up seven different 'treatful' delights. Breakfast is one of my most favourite meals of the day! (and always will be).

Cheeky Spouse said...

Good luck and have fun with the breakfast challenge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails